Sunday, May 2, 2010

Vodcast Experience

Well, I did my first podcast, several times, and realized that a podcast would not be helpful to my learners/customers. I switched to a vodcast, again several times, because my experience with my learners is that they are visual learners first, then auditory learners.

The vodcast was little more challenging, mainly because I had not done one before. Getting the music and text in was a little overwhelming because I needed to learn an editor. I enjoyed the overall experience and think I may create some for our customers. My topic is on the EMIS Redesign project, which requires the state reportable data (EMIS data) for the Department of Education (ODE)to be processed and submitted via a SIF (school interoperability framework) solution.

Practice makes perfect, I think I can redo it in my sleep :-). I hope Dr. Ingram likes it. It's a dry subject - but it is critical for school districts in Ohio to report through this new EMIS R vehicle for both funding and accountability state requirements (plus federal requirements).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.