Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rush - IAI class - 1.20.2010

Hi,

My name is Patience Rush, and I will be blogging about my experience in the Instructional Applications of the Internet (IAI) course at Kent State University (KSU).

I am beginning my 3rd semester in the Instructional Technology (ITEC) program. I am very excited about taking this course because many of the technologies that we will be learning are very new to me. This course is introducting students to the latest internet technologies available for teachers to use with their students. By using a variety of technologies, we can hopefuly deliver content and interact with our learners in ways that they feel most comfortable, over the Internet. I teach adult learners so I'm interested in sharing some of the tools with my customers to get their feedback :-).

I recently read and learned about WebQuest. I submitted a proposal about creating a WebQuest for people in the state to learn about EMIS. EMIS is a necessary evil in Ohio school districts. It's the process one loves to hate. Without quality EMIS processes, your school district will lose money ($). Without quality EMIS processes, a district Local Report Card (LRC) will not be accurate. The LRC the accountability piece for Ohio school districts. My goal for the WebQuest would be to provide an Internet tool so customers can easily find resources and information about EMIS while teaching the navigator about EMIS in an interactive fashion. Now I need to 'create one', wish me luck!

I also created a Blog for this course and I'm blogging the experiences I have had in this course.

On a personal note, I will be investing in a new laptop with more 'power' so I may download all the necessary software required for this course. We will be using SecondLife, Audacity, Blogger, and more.....

I look forward to Blogging about my experiences......stop back!

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am a Special education teacher or Intervention Specialist and at my school, Our principal does the EMIS for us but at our other schools the teachers have to do it. So this is wonderful that you are doing a training on this because if I ever go somewhere else I will be at a loss. I'm sure I'm not the only teacher out there in this predicament. I would be interested in checking out your web quest when you get it done. Thanks for Inviting me to comment on your blog. Rochelle

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.