Thursday, May 13, 2010

IAI Final Reflection

In the last 4 months (besides taking 8 credits at KSU, working full time +, and being a wife and mom) I have completed the following items for IAI class:

- 56 tweets

- 27 blogs

- hundreds of discussion posts (and not just 'I agree or good idea' type posts)

- facilitated a class discussion with summary of points posting.

- participated in a class wiki creation about technology. The collaborative final product is very well done.

- learned what a WebQuest is, how to set one up (went through 3 different tools
first) and created one....I can see benefits to using WebQuest for instruction.

- created a website (tried 3 different tools to find the right one) with all the criteria expected

- hours, days, weeks, and weekends reading, searching, trying, and applying the new information shared in our book, discussions, etc. We had a very active posting group in our class.

- enjoyed using Second Life again.

- created my very first Vodcast about using the new EMIS Redesign Data Collector system. I didn't realize how many 'retakes' it 'takes' to get content and voice 'just right'. The podcast would have been easier but not as useful for our custoemrs

- really enjoyed the Richardson book for the class, well written and an excellent resource for educators learning about technologies that can be used in education.

- learned about CMS/Moodle and setup up my very first online course, I could really get into this, yes we only had to create a shell version, I really tried all the options within the system to test out it's capability.

- still used a topic near and dear to my heart and career for all my assignments - EMIS. EMIS affects local, state, and federal data reporting and is the foundation for school funding and the data accountability system in Ohio.

Boy did this class require time management - there were several assignments going on at one time so learners really needed to stay focused and keep up with all the course expectations. I do believe it is important for learners to participate and volunteer early in the class activities. Learning and integrating 21st century skills are critical for our students. We discussed the importance of empowering students to have access and use technology 'early'.

I am proud to report that I did keep up with tweeting, blogging, discussions, and assignments, everything was turned in on time or early. Goal to be as focused for summer 2010! Watch out family...I'll be cranky for another semester ;-).

Keep reading, keep learning, keep current, and keep our children moving forward with 21st century skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.