Hi -
My Moodle reflection may seem childish, but it was a totally new area for me and one that I have never even worked with. I definitely have more respect for all the time it takes an instructor to setup an online course :-).
Moodle - I really liked the ability to view teacher/editing role versus student role so I could check my work as I went along. Facebook has this feature as well to view your FB as a particular person. This is helpful if a person is using FB groups.
In my Moodle I set the website, vodcast, and FAQ pages to open in new windows to make navigation easier for the adult learners. The learner should be able to see both the class content and the 'resource content' without loosing their information or being forced to use the back button to navigate around.
I can imagine the 'hide' option in Moodle being used to hide assignments for students until after a topic is discussed so not to overwhelm them. I believe this functionality is very helpful to teachers working on content but not ready to post/release to their learners yet. I'm sure for many in the IAI class, this is not a new concept, but since this is my first Moodle, I can see real benefits to this feature.
I also liked the feature where you can jump from assignment to assignment - jump to. I can see for a course with multiple assignments how it could be tough for learners to move around in the Moodle. Nice feature.
I wondered how we were put into groups, although I do not like group assignments, in other KSU classes, and I found that feature in Moodle. I can see how Moodle is similar to Blackboard/Vista for KSU.
This was an interesting assignment. I can see how instructors are able to make there classes better and better each semester with practice, new content, and the learning of the new features of a CMS system.
Criteria for the assignment:
- I chose a different layout/theme from the original
- I structured by topics - 5 of them with labels
- I added a calendar with due dates for reporting data to the state
- I activated and placed in different locations (from when I started) the following...
- I activated course description
- I activated a calendar block
- I activated search block
- I activated participants
- I activated online users block
- I activated a chat
- I activated upcoming events
- I updated profile
- I uploaded picture for my profile
- I uploaded documents into Moodle folder
- I activated a vodcast
- I activated a website
- I setup FAQ in Moodle format
- At least 8 links, documents in Moodle, etc.
And a class description, class type, benefits of this course setup, and a password security (just wanted to try this)
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.